Does your child sneak toys too school???

My 5 year old does. at first I said "you better not take those toys too school because someone may take them"..... Okay she doesnt listen just found her mp3 player in her book bag.... Guess what Im not gonna say anything if someone takes her toys thats gonna be her loss. I hope no one takes her toys but if they do maybe she will learn. I dont know... I will see.

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• They have...and I just told them that if they took a toy to school, I would find out and I would take it away. I also threatened to stand in front of the school and go thru their backpack to make sure there were no toys in it. The thought of that embarassment was enough to put a stop to it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Maybe you should take and hide her MP3 player. Then when she asks about it, ask, "Well where did you have it last?" If she fesses up and says school ask her if she thinks maybe someone took it. I would then tell her you found it in the bag and know that she took it and make her EARN it back.
    Anonymous

• I don't recall my son sneaking toys to school, but I have plenty of experience now with what kids sneak in their pockets at my preschool. Last week it was a cigarette lighter. Good grief....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• my son is 5, still home though

he sneaks toys, period. to bed is popular.

i did, when i was a kiddo
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• YUP. I confiscate them every time I find them and explain that to "sneak" is the same as to lie and the consequences will be the same.
    With my kindergartner we also discuss WHY its not safe -- I let him tell me reasons why. With my prek'r well I just tell her its against the rules and that's that -- she's not as into analyzing the reason behind things she just wants it her way -- LOL
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• my middle dd has. there was a note from the teacher in her agenda - and she lost a star that day for causing a distraction in class - she hasn't taken anything to school since.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• my daughters school has a policy about not being able to take any toys to school (except on the day when its their show n tell) i mean shes only in kindergarten, so i dont even think that thought crosses her mind...sooo i'll let ya know in a couple years...lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My kids snuck toys when they were little. Now that they are older, they sneak "big kid" toys (MP3. DS, PSP, cell phones, game cards, etc.). I have gotten to the point where if another student takes it, that's their problem. If the school takes it, I will pick it up but they don't get it back until the end of the school year.
    Monica1119

Answer by Monica1119 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2009