14 year old girl birthday..

We don't want to have a party, but maybe a friend or two. Just don't know what to do. Any ideas?

ABryn1011

Asked by ABryn1011 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• You need to ask her what she would like to do?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Seriously? I did ask her. She doesn't know. That's why I was asking for ideas.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• bowling
    cosmic bowling
    mall
    interactive restaurant like benihana or a fondue place
    a formal/fancy dress up dinner complete w/ sparkling water
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• movie marathon pajama party
    fake tattoo/henna
    a class/course like calligraphy or cooking
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• do teens mini golf anymore?
    hibbingmom

• If she doesn't have an idea, then she gets nothing. She is old enough to think about what she would like to do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My daughter turned 14 in August; I took her and two friends downtown for the day. They wandered in and out of shops; took pictures of each other trying on sunglasses at Chanel; took more pictures of each other trying on the flashiest dresses that they could find at Loehmann's; etc. I took them out to lunch and bought them matching Al Capone (we live in Chicago) T-shirts.

Teens definitely mini golf; the ones around here are closed until Spring.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• You could tell her to invite a friend over and you could drop them off at the mall they can roam the mall, and buy whatever they like in within reason of course. lol. then they can have lunch in the mall somewhere. and when they ready to come home they can call you to come get them.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Sleep in with movies and board games. Fun snack foods and cake. Let them stay up all night if they want to!
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 3:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My daughter just turned 15 and we rented a hotel room with a heated pool and she and her friends were able to swim, have pizza and junk food, and watch movies all night. I didn't have to do all the clean up and entertaining because they had fun just being at the hotel. The fact that the hotel served a free all you can eat breakfast buffet didn't hurt, either.
    Also, we always take our kids to a movie of their choice and dinner at a restaurant of their choice for their birthdays.
    Hope this helps.
    Monica1119

Answer by Monica1119 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2009