How do you tell a friend you are interested in their home business of selling without being rude?

I have been talking with a mom from this website and she has a home business that she recently started that involves debt consolidation. We have made a date to meet for the first time & somehow she thinks we are going to turn a friendly meeting into a business meeting. I truly am not interested in her business. I really don't like salepeople. I am on here to make friends not to find services. How do I politely let her know I am not interested in the business aspect, I am just looking for friendship? I guess I just went with it because I don't like hurting people feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Be honest and tell her just that. Say Im sorry if I had mislead you but I am interested in friendship not business.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I would say. I really like you as a person and I'm interested in pursuing a friendship. But I'm not interested in your business at all. I wish you much success. Can we still be friends?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Send her a message apologizing if she feels mislead, but continue to let her know that you think she's great enough to want to meet in person and want to become friends with. If she doesn't show or gets angry, then you'll know she never wanted to be friends in the first place.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Just like you said here. It's honest and straightforward

Answer by admckenzie at 7:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2009