Disney Christmas Carol... my bad

I failed miserably last night. Just because a movie is rated PG doesn't mean it's good or appropriate. Anyone see this w/ small kiddos and have problems? My kids couldn't even eat their popcorn, too jumpy. Bad Momma.... :(

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• We all make bad calls on movies based on the trailers sometimes, don't beat yourself up over it. My DS was 8 when Shrek came out we went to the drive ins to see it and he (on the back of a truck) and kept saying mommy what is ....lucky for DS there was a kid who was about 12 near by who kept yelling that means..... Yeah good education on the stuff that should have gone over DS's head!
    Anonymous

• Wanted to take him to it. Read reviews - decided not to go. He's 6. Kind of disappointing since they somewhat emphasize it's a Disney movie, and most would assume it's okay to go to with kids.
    Anonymous

• My oldest is 5 and isn't old enough for PG shows anyway.
    Anonymous

• Some movies they should advertise better. My niece loves dogs and when that Marley movie came out, it's all she wanted to see. What a big mistake and she is 11! I haven't heard much about the Christmas Carol movie, just a few things on the Disney channel. I personally like the Christmas Carol with the muppets. I stick to that one.
    Anonymous

• Well, it is a ghost story, the ghosts in it are scary. It is a dark movie not intended for children. I would have made it PG 13 if it had been up to me.

Anonymous

• ok? i dont get it. what is wrong with the christmas carole movie that isnt for kids under 13? what is wrong with marley and me? that movie was good but sad.
    Anonymous