I get so aggrivated!!!!!!! Wha can I do??

My ten month old daughter I swear throws tantrums. She crys so much I feel like I am going to go crazy!!! I know she is just a baby but I cant help getting mad I dont do anything maybe a curse word or I just ignore her at times, I feel like this is making her not love me and I know its not her fault I NEED to learn to deal with stress better I hate that I get angry with her. What can I do differently??

HeidilovesNyla

Asked by HeidilovesNyla at 6:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You just need to take times out, weather she is crying or not set her in her crib shut the door and go relax for 15 minutes or so, she will cry but that's ok, most moms are against that but really it's good for them to cry a bit, she might also learn that you will not run to her every tantrum and will stop throwing them.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• First try things that she likes give her, her favorite toy, turn on cartoons, give her someting to drink, if not then put her in the pack n play or whtever you might have and take a break for yourself, then come back in a few and hold her talk to her and see what works, just try to be patient and calm, don't flip out or holler just let her CIO for a few.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• What does she do when she throws a tantrum?
    butterfly227

Answer by butterfly227 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Ok she may not be able to play with the cat so she screams or screeches very loud and cries and cries loud until she gets what she wants. I think it is a good idea to leave for awile but I worry abut her becoming resentful at me. I want to do whats best for her I am a young mother but I try to be the best mother I can be. I breatfeed and sometimes she throws tantrums because she doesnt want to take a nap ahe likes to nurse but she doesnt like to take a nap or lay down, she is very independant lol I love her to dfeath but my where did these tantrums come from??? lol Thank everyone fgor the hel I am sure many of you have had this problem
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 8:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My DD is 8 months old and she has her episodes when she doesn't get her way either. I use to give in until I realized that she would expect that EVERY time. So now whenever she throws a fit, I put her in her pack in play with NO toys and walk out the room. She's learned VERY fast that Mommy means "No" and she can't always get her way.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Oh honey, believe me, I know times can get hard. My son is ...lets say... stubborn to be nice lol!! and he started tantrums at 7 months old. He just turned 2 last week and he just gets more and more strong willed.. She won't resent you for walking away for 5 minutes during a fit, in fact if you say nothing and walk away, she may realize that he "fits" aren't working. My son started them at 7 months. I think she is probably just frusrtating at her lack of ability. she's smart enough to know what she wants, she just can't do it all - getting frustrated happens to the best of us - I do almost daily but have to walk outside because a mommy time out where I can still hear my son screaming does me NO good at all - or I call my mom to calm me down as she knows how hard my son is.. she says he needs 4 people to raise him..haha... just hang in there - bring things she can play with, maybe that will help!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• You just need to walk away for a few minutes. Put her in her jumper, walker, swing, or crib and just walk away for a few minutes. When you've collected yourself and calmed down a little bit, then go back to your child and try to see what she needs. If it is indeed a tantrum then take her away from the situation. Put her in her crib for a few minutes to let her cry it out, or distract her with something else. Talk to her and let her know that her tantrum isn't appropriate. I understand that she may not be able to understand what you're telling her now, but setting up good habits in informing her that she's misbehaving is important. Starting early and being consistant is important. Just make sure that you take a breather for yourself before you let yourself get too worked up, then try and distract her, or let her have time by herself for a little bit.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Just walk away to get your equilibrium. She's entirely normal...and you won't avoid resentment no matter what you do. That's in the cards. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 11:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2009