What was your all-time favorite toy or game as a kid?

What toy do you remember playing with for hours?

(Hopefully something that doesn't require batteries?)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Candyland! I loved it, I played it over and over with my cousins. I saw it on sale the other day at wal*mart for $5 and I bought 5 of them to give to my neices and nephews for christmas.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• A CARDBOARD BOX! Go to the store ask for a washer or dryer etc.....Box
    Some sticker or crayons, and you have hours of fun!
    NOV1999

Answer by NOV1999 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• A big appliance box. Hours of fun. Decorated inside and out with markers. Cut out squares in the sides for windows and taped little pieces of cloth over them for curtains. Used old towels and rags for bedding. The making of the little house was as fun as the playing in it. After the house playing got old, I took everything out of it and used it like a tank- not sure how to describe it- rolled it around the basement floor by crawling in the inside - putting my hands on the side and pushing the side down and then moving my hands up and pushing down- to make the box move across the floor. It also became a cave, and a fort. Best toy ever.

Answer by Bmat at 6:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• books! dolls.... computer in general like Oregon trail.
    my dad and I played a game called "dots" a lot
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I played outside in the woods for hours.....Im an outside girl. I also drew alot.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I LOVED mystery date! I used to play this board game with my sister and our friends. I don't exactly remember how you moved around the board, but there was a door in the middle of it, and you would turn the little knob, and open it, and that would be your "date" for the evening. I do remember on the box there was a question~ Will your date be a dream or a dud?
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Totally the Barbie Dream house........sigh.........good memories.................. : )
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My teddy ruxpkin, or anything outside. Oh I remember Mystery Date that game was the best!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Up until about the age of 5, my Baby Beans doll. After that, I lived in skates. My mom got me two sets of wheels - one set for basement/rink only and another set that were for outside. I could also spend hours with any board game, using the board and the pieces to make up a story. The more detailed the better - there was a game called Mystery Mansion with individual rooms you'd match up as you played. I could spend days designing and redesigning "dream houses" with that.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Playing with my 2 oldest brothers who are younger than I am (they were the oldest of my 4 brothers - no sisters).
    We really used our imaginations to play all sorts of games like house, cops & robbers, adventure seekers, hide-and-go-seek, anything and everything we could think of! We lived out in the country and only had a few close neighbors and I'm sure we were terrors to them with our antics and curiosity of all things, including things on their properties...lol.
    Gosh, those were incredibly fun days {sigh}.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2009