whats the one thing

that makes thanksgiving thanksgiving for u?
(not including turkey!)

mines would be my kids and food wise: mysausage cornbread stuffing, yum!

what about u?

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• foodwise....stuffed mushrooms. We only have them at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Otherwise...family. I spend it with my kids and my parents. I can't imagine having Thanksgiving without my family. I always joke that when I remarry, he needs to be an orphan so I can continue going to my parents house. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My family and my mom's baked stuffing.YUUUUUUMMMMMMYYY!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My Momma's sweet potatoes w/ a whole bag of mini marshmallows and a whole pound of butter .. lol
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Spending time with family
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• The house filled with yummy smells, family, mashed potatoes, enough food to feed an army, being so stuffed you look no diferent then the turkey you just ate etc. etc.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• The feast of course. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce. Nut pudding and whipped cream.

The meal with the family, remembering past times and family members no longer with us.

There are two hymns that make the season for me, too. "We gather together to ask the Lord's Blessing." and "Come ye thankful people come." I sing them every Thanksgiving, just to myself, because they set the scene for the holiday for me.

Answer by Bmat at 7:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Food wise: the stuffing for sure.......

Activity wise: the tradition I started yrs ago w/my kids that we spend the day crafting. It's the kick off to our hoiday craft sessions and I look SOO forward to it every yr. I have them all waiting for the day...it's almost as fun as Christmas to me! We eat party food , craft and watch the parade then feast later and go back to work on our crafts some more. Then it's an ongoing project over the next couple of weeks...
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Macy's parade in the television. Being sleep deprived from cooking at 6 am. Pumpkin pie, and football.
    dellamae

Answer by dellamae at 7:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Playing games with all the family members.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My family.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2009