I am two days late with my period, but I took a HPT today and it was negative could I be pregnant?

My husband and I are trying for another baby and this is the first month off the pill for me. The first day of my last period was 10/17/09. I took the last active pill on the day I started my period (10/17/09). I have pregnancy symptoms, but also a little cramping and a little backaches. I'm getting frustrated because if I'm not prego I want to get my period so I feel better.

mantamoo

Asked by mantamoo at 7:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It is possible but not really likely. Usually it takes a couple months for the pill to get all the way out of your system. I had the IUD mirena and had it taken out in July and we still are not pregnant yet. GL. Keep your head up and keep trying. It will happen.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 7:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• It's possible. I am still waiting for AF, she is 3 days late for me. But all the hpt I take are bfn. I hope AF stays away but I want my bfp. You can get pregnant immediately after stopping the pill (especially the newer low dose hormone pills). Most likely it is your cycle re-regulating without the additional hormones. Test again in a week if AF doesn't show, and if it's still a bfn, call your dr. You may not get a bfp with a home test until late in the cycle (99% accuracy, some people aren't going to test positive for awhile) but a dr can order a blood test to tell if you are pregnant. Good luck!
    Anonymous