How old was your child when first fed pizza?

My son is almost one and is doing pretty good with eating regular food. We orderd pizza tonight, and I was trying to figure out if he could handle it or if I could put some through the processor. What age was your child?

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 7:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• gnawing.... about 10 mos. really eating a slice? 2, perhaps..... we make our own a LOT. bagle, english muffin, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• About a year, give or take a few weeks. If your child has had, bread, tomatoes, cheese and whatever is on the pizza before it should be fine to feed them. I would just cut it small with kitchen shears.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• About a year, I think. I agree with Nathskitten about cutting it small. Pizza dough can be pretty firm, and I wouldn't trust a little tyke to be able to chew it and swallow it without choking. Maybe, if the child had had bread before, I'd spread some of the pizza sauce on little bread pieces so there wouldn't be the choking fear.

Answer by Bmat at 7:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• 10-11 months probably.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• my lil one is 17months and eats it, we just dont get ham on it becouse she chocked on it.she will only eat the toping off of it
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My boys wouldn't eat pizza until well after they were 3. The tomato sauce was just too acidic for them. In fact if I didn't wipe mouths often they would get red splotches from where the sauce got on their face. Same thing with spaghetti, lasagna etc.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My boys always LOVED pizza, I bet there were some where between 9-12 months, just just cut the pieces really really small and they pick what they want. My oldest always loved the toppings, my youngest would be happy with just the crust!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2009