really losing it and needs help with 3 year old

i have had the baby and now im home and my daughter who is 3 and if im holding the baby she get mad and hits the her pulls on her legs or arms . When im feeding her she will try to bit me

i really need help on wat to do

williamswife522

Asked by williamswife522 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• She is jealous. Sibling rivalry at its worst. She needs some extra time and attention. With a newborn and a toddler I know you're tired but it has to be you not Dad. Extra story time, Have her sit next to you and read a book while feeding the baby. Make her your "big helkper" run for a diaper, or a bib or whatever. While she needs reinforcement that she is still special and that you love her..she has to be dealt with for hitting the baby or biting or hitting you. You tell her we have to be easy with the baby give her a warning firmly saying STOP..if she continues go to a time out. It's such a fine line..she is acting out because she is jealous..but hurting you or the baby because of that jealousy isn't okay.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• i try to spend time with her but when the baby is sleeping and daddys home she goes to him and i dont have to to deal with time out with the baby and all the needs
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I'd listen to Grneyedgrandma she has you answer there. I'd also get her a baby doll (new one not one she already has) for her to feed while you are feeding the baby.
    MorriganzMommy

Answer by MorriganzMommy at 7:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• and like she will go to were the baby is and wake her up and then throw toys were she at i just dont think i can hanfle it no more
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2009