Eye BOOGERS!!!!!

Dispite the fact that we take very good care of our dog (JAZZY), every morning she wakes up with excessive eye boogers. In the afternoon - eye boogers. At night - eye boogers!!!!!
I am so discusted by them that I cringe at the very thought. How do I get rid of them?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 7:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Pets

• I have a miniature pug and she gets them bad also. t removing eye-boogers is certainly distasteful. I'm going to disagree with those who use toilet paper, Q-tips and other "swipes" because these generally smear the booger over the surrounding muzzle or face area (depending on direction that you swipe). I have found a very fine tooth comb works best. It catches all the crusty boogers with virtually no smearing of the fresh soft ones. Very carefull placement of the comb's tines at the tear duct and then carefully drawing the comb through the booger does the trick well for me.

Anonymous

• Avoiding smearing the eye boogers also virtually eliminates the pink staining on the hair that can develop near the tear duct. I also think that this is faster and less invasive than any swipe methodology so that also helps if the Bobtail gets "squirmy" about the procedure. If you do get pink staining then #1 All Systems Whitening Gell can be used to vbery good effect in this area as it can be applied accurately and will not run into the eye once applied.

Hope this helps some of you.

Thanks and Cheers
    Anonymous

• She could be one that has issues with her tear ducts or even dry eye. It might be time to consult the vet.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• the best thing that works to remove them is a flea comb..they have a 3 pack at the dollar store..or theyre like .79 at petsmart...works awesome!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I used these moist towelete looking things from Petco on the cats.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2009