Repeat of cellulitis again?

about three months ago I got bite by something on my arm and it started to swell and turn red. Over the next day it continued to swell and the redness spread really fast. I went to the ER and they diagnosed me with having cellulitis. So with antibotics it went away...about a month after that something happened to my leg..I dont know if it was a bite or a cut, but samething happened to my leg. I didnt go to the ER. It went away completely on its own in a week. Now today I am sitting out side and I get a bite on both my leg and my hand..and both of them started to immediately started to swell and the redness spreading. Just like when I was diagnosed with cellulitis. Does this mean that everytime I get bite or a cut or something that it will start to swell and the redness spread? Once you get cellulitis you are likely to continue to get it over and over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Health

• DId they test for Staph?? You could be a carrier - If it's on your skin you will keep getting the infection every time you get cut. (It's a bit more involved then this explanation, but I'm tired!! LOL) Ask your doc about it.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Draw a circle around it with a pen. Put hot compresses on it. If it gets bigger, or if you develop a fever, get to a doctor.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2009