Is it wise to have my children with me early in the morning at the shopping center to wait for "Black Friday" sales to start? I know it's probably not a good idea. What do you all think?

NikelodeonPlse

Asked by NikelodeonPlse at 7:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Shopping

• I'll probably be in the minority here but I think it could be fun, like a game. Practice math with sale numbers, practice spelling, counting people - whatever.

As long as you have a strong plan about what you want to buy, and take them for a fun snack after, what's the harm?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 7:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I think people are crazy then, I don't think I would take my kids.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• No, I would leave my childern and or child at home. I even stay home during black friday. I worked in a mall before and it's just crazy. Have fun!
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• i wouldn't do it!!
    threeboysmama

Answer by threeboysmama at 8:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't do it just knowing how cranky my 4 year old would be. Than trying to shop on top of that. I work retail so I'll be working on Black Friday. Luckily I dont have to work til 8 so my husband is able to go and I can be home with DS.
    oragami

Answer by oragami at 9:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My mom did that when we were like 8 and said it was the biggest mistake ever. What was supposed to be fun turned into her having to drag us around whining nonstop. We slowed her down and aggravated her and she was a nervous wreck scared because people kept bumping into us. I'd skip it. Go on your own and you can be in and out quickly. Take the kids and add 30 minutes per a store to your day and risk someone getting hurt or lost.
    Anonymous

• I would take my children. It could either be a huge mess or it could be fun, it depends on how your children react to shopping trips. I would take my kids though. They handle shopping trips well and I know how to handle my children when they start to get restless. I think you should base your choice on how your kids react to shopping trips. Make sure they just had a nap and are fed before you go, so that you can at least get a couple hours in before they start to get cranky. Also, make sure you're prepared with food, bottles, toys, etc so that if they do start to get cranky you're not left to improvise.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. Remember last year some people got trampled at a Wal Mart & some guy died? Got trampled by some stupid shoppers! It's not worth your life or your kids just for some junk on sale!
    Anonymous

• i have a tradition every black friday-for one thing i dont go anywhere!!!! but we stay in,relax and laugh at all the crazy shoppers trampling each other on the evening news. dont forget the good online deals..maybe go that route.
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 11:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• NO WAY! DEPENDING ON HOW OLD UR CHILD IS. I WOULD NEVER EVER TAKE MY KIDS (4 & 6) I HAVE BEEN THE PAST TWO YEARS NOW... THE PUSHING AND SHOVING IS JUST CRAZY NOT A PLACE FOR A CHILD. NOW... LIKE 10 OR OLDER SURE THEY ARE SMALL AND COULD GET IN FASTER AND TIGHTER PLACES THAN U! HA HA ;)
    MOMMA111

Answer by MOMMA111 at 3:39 AM on Nov. 16, 2009