i accidently wrapped in the same paper santas gift and mine i feel terriblr now my 9 year old is having a hard time believing help please

stateave

Asked by stateave at 7:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• just tell her the truth. I think 9 is old enough to be told the truth.
    Anonymous

• EITHER TELL THE TRUTH OR SAY YOU AND SANTA SHOP AT THE SOME STORE FOR PAPER!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• how were there santa presents out in november?
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• That's why I never told my kids that crazy lie. It's heart breaking when they find out the truth, and why would anyone want their kids thinking some stranger is giving them toys, instead of mom and dad?
    Just my opinion.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Say santa ran out of paper and had to borrow some of yours
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• wow your lucky you made it to 9. my 7 year old found out last year
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Yeah, I would go with Santa shopped at the same store, or that he borrowed some of yours. It's not the paper, it's the TAG that says "from Santa." I have run into this problem in the past, and those two worked for my now 9 year old who still believes. I'm trying to be extra careful this year though.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• PS My son is ten and still believes in Santa! I told him the year he stops believing is the year he stops receiving!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I know this is a hard situation for you as it is for all parents when the kiddos start putting 2 and 2 together about Christmas. When you say that your 9-year old is "having a hard-time believeing," what that tells me is that he/she is at the age where they start questioning Santa's existence and taht you are trying to convince him/her taht Santa is still real. I guess the real question is whether it is your son/daughter who is not ready to give "Santa" up or it is YOU who is not ready. If it were me, I might let his/her questions open a dialogue about Santa and see where it goes. Little ones growing up can be so hard, but I've found that it is the kids themselves who are the best judge of when it's time to do just that. Hope that helps and good luck~ :-)
    Evansmomintexas

Answer by Evansmomintexas at 11:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• 9 is the magical age at which all the makebelieve thinking starts to go away anyway. So, it wasn't so much what you did to cause her to stop believing but rather her own changes in thinking and observations that led to her conclusion Santa is not real.
    Don't blame yourself, this happens every year to hundreds of parents, my Aunt did this and her son is now 35 and she still blames herself. She has to stop believing at some point, so just let it go and realize she was going to find something one year to lead to it. I can remember being old enough to recognize handwritings on the nametags, my parents could only do so much but changing the handwriting for Santa?- there comes a time to let go.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2009