What kind of lettuce do you eat with your salads?

I don't like the crunchy stalk part of iceberg lettuce. I like the leafy part and romaine lettuce.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 8:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I use romaine. Iceberg has no nutritional value in it, so I substitue with a variety that does.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• every kind of lettuce out there. i like them all.
    Anonymous

• I don't use lettuce for salads much anymore. Usually we do spinach, but once in a while I'll get butter lettuce (Boston lettuce).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I grow romaine so we eat that all summer. Rest f the year I but italian blend or romaine
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Romaine, i'll eat iceberg if where out somewhere. but i HATE HATE HATE spring mix!!!!!!!! Uh it tastes like dirt!!!!! Or atleast what i could imagine what dirt tasted like lol
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• i love the spring mix with baby spinach, dandelion. and a few others (im not sure what else comes in it) and i love romaine and iceberg
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Romaine and I also like spinach for my greens sometimes too.
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• i switch it up depending on the toppings. Romaine for cesar, ice berg for asian chicken and almonds with ginger dressing, spring mix with cheddar and dried figs... so hungry...
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I don't particularly eat iceberg lettuce because the only part of it that has ANY nutrition is the darker green part. The white pieces are just water. So I eat salads made of spinach. Romaine is ok too.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• romaine, the darker the color, the better it is for you. Iceberg has very little nutritional value.
    Anonymous