Does your dtate allow VBACs within free-standing Birthing Centers and/or do you know a state that does?

I am searching for any state that permits VBACs in Birthing Centers. Some hospitals have "birthing centers" within there astablishments. I am not interested in such locations. It must be a Free-standing birthing center. Attended by LMs or CPMs. I have no desire for an OB-gen, and little interest in CNMs. Thank you all for any answers you can provide.

Motherdragon

Asked by Motherdragon at 8:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well my state has no CPMs or freestanding birth centers =( have you searched on ICAN? good luck :)
    Anonymous

• Florida, as far as I know.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• You probably need to pick your battles. I live in FL and I had a VBAC just 18 months ago. My first c-section was b/c my dd was breach, so nothing physically wrong with me. I accidentally found a practice and a hospital (Winnie Palmer in Orl) that allows VBACs, but the conditions are pretty stringent. One is that a doc is available the entire time you're in labor. Fine with me.

So, pick your battle, but consider the medical liability on behalf of whoever delivers your baby. I really, really, really doubt a birthing center WITHOUT an OB will allow you to go for a VBAC. I may be wrong, but this is my experience.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• For me, having a natural childbirth in a hospital would be imposible! Temperature set a 60, bright floresic lights, IVs, being strapped to machines for continual fetal monitoring, not being allowed to eat or drink, not being able to move without first detaching a half dozen items from your body or having to drag them with you, nursing and doctors coming in and out of your room ever 15 min or more. It was, and will be again completely impossible for me to ever relax. And if I am tense I will cause unnessary added pain to an otherwise calm birth. Not to mention contstantly being affraid that if the smallest thing doesn't go according to their plan they will not hesitate to try and rush me in to have my child cut from my stomach. So as I could not have a hospital birth. I could only have a hospital c-section, expecially when there is no real reason for one.
    Motherdragon

Answer by Motherdragon at 9:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Mama~ are you wanting to travel for your birth??    :-)    Come to lovely Oregon!!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2009