When your LO was teething how often did you give Tylenol?

I gave her 2 doses last night and now she's in pain again...is it bad to give her tylenol for a few nights in a row? I just don't want her to be drugged up all the time but she's definitelt hurting...

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that is totally fine as long as you know its the teeth. thats what we did. teething tablets help a lot too, and they are all natural..
    dorie84

Answer by dorie84 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Don't they sell something that you can put directly on the gums? For teething.

Answer by louise2 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I dont give tylenol unless she has a fever. Oragel or hylands teething tablets provide relief, too. As well as a cold wet washcloth.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• we used frozen, damp washcloths and Hylands teething tabs.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I don't believe in giving children tylonal, or any medication for that matter. When it comes to teething there are plenty of natural home remedies you can do to soothe your baby's teeth/gums. I have used orajel, which I guess you could consider a medication. That worked for my son when he was teething. However, as far as pills go, I don't agree with giving them to children.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Sounds bad but popcicles work the best. But teething tablets help. I try not to give my son tylenol too often, I too hate to drug him up. But I will admit that there were a few days when he was in such horrible pain, I would give it too him. I would try the others first. Two nights in a row isnt going to hurt, but I wouldnt make it a habit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Frozen waffles!!! :D
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 11:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2009