For those mom who take birth control pills. Help! PLEASE READ

Ok, so I have been taking them for about 12 years. Sometimes I would forget to take them for a couple of days or not go get my prescription refilled because I was too lazy. Anyway when I didn't take them for a couple of days (2 or 3 days) I would start spotting or start my period. This happen to me again.I didn't get my prescription filled. I haven't taken my pills now for about two weeks. My hubby and I had sex with no protection. I haven't got anything no period, no spotting. Do you think I could be pregnant. I'm not suppose to start my period for another 2 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its a possible chance wait til when you are supposed to start your period if you dont test 3 days after you missed it an good luck but in the mean time stop taking the pills if u are pregnant it could harm your baby!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• do you want to get pregnant??? of course you could get pregnant if you stop taking your pills and have unprotected sex. your period may also get messed up since you've been on the pill for so long; it takes time for it to adjust hormonally. if you don't want to get pregnant then get back on the pills. otherwise you'll def get pregnant.
    Anonymous

• yes it can happen fast I stopped my last bcp on jan7th and on Jan 21 had a positive pregnancy test and we only had done it 1x!! he was away until the 12th!
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Anything is possible, but what is sounds like to me is that your hormones are screwed up and you may not get a period for a month because of missing your pills. That's happened to me multiple times when I stopped taking the pill. If you want to get pregnant wait another month, see if you get your period and then 2 weeks after your period started have sex. I know a lot of people who have gotten pregnant that way including me twice!
    LaurenMichele

Answer by LaurenMichele at 11:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2009