• In the Spotlight:

Is there anyone else who gained a lot during pregnancy and cant get it off?

My DD is 7 months old and I'm only 10 lbs lighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just don't get it, she was 8.2 lbs, so I really lost like nothing! I'm STILL in maternity pants, GRRR.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I started at 160, dropped to 140 in my first 3 months, then by 9 months I was 210. I am currently staying around 185ish.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Better than me!! I'm 223!!!! This was my third and besides her delivery, this is the heaviest I've EVER been. Before kids, I was 140!
    Anonymous

• i bf's and was always told i would have so called water weight until i stopped bfing.. well here i am HEAVIER that when i was bfing.. and i really dont eat alot of junk.. i just dont know why im so chunky
    Anonymous

• I gained 80 with my first, lost 55, gained 50 with my second, and 9 months later Im only 15 lbs lighter. 80lbs was a lifechanging weight gain, which means I need to make changes to my lifestyle through diet and exercise. Maybe you have to bite the bullet, too. I wish it were easier to lose.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• i gained 60 while i was pregnant, i lost 30 within the first month but the other 30 has been a bitch. i wasnt loosing any weight until about a month ago i started working out, eating only protein & fruits & veggies and taking mega-t green tea pills and im starting to loose it. ive went down a whole jean size in this month.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I went from 175 to 214 when i was preggo with my son. Got down to 145 after having him. Then i got preggo with my daughter and went up to 225. 17 months later i am at 216 and haven't budged from that in 6 months :( I don't eat a lot of junk food and i am always active so i have no clue as to why it just won't come off.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Op-

jnsdrf- sounds like we are in the same boat!!! My diet is good and I'm active with two litle ones but cant seem to get the weight off. I found out after pregnancy that I do have a thyroid problem which could cause me to keep at a heavy weight... yuck
    Anonymous

• I started at 120 when I got preggo with my ds. i got up to 155 by the time he was born, after he was born i went to 130, but got on the depo shot and shot up to 170. I'm down to 164 now. I finally cut down on soda this week and slowly but surely cutting it out of my diet, and I use the wii fit plus everyday lol. it helps alot. Plus DH and I just bought a jogging stroller so once my knee is fixed (did 4 years in the Marines and it killed my knees) and I'm back to being able to run, I plan on running again. I want to be back to 120 by next November so I can wear an awesome dress to the ball.
    abelsc

Answer by abelsc at 10:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I gained 75 lbs with my pregnancy, mostly due to gestational diabetes, and was unable to lose ANY of it, even though the GD went away. I weighed 235 for the first YEAR of my son's life. Then, I was diagnosed with PCOS (a double-whammy there). But once I graduated college and my stress level went down, and then I started walking every day and eating more whole grains (even though I never was much of a snacker before that, just the whole grains helped a LOT), it started coming off. I've lost 40 lbs in the last year. I still want to get down another 35 lbs to be at pre-baby weight of 160, but I'm getting there. Slowly but surely, that's the way to go, so you don't gain it back!
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 10:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I also have thyroid problems! I've been on meds for it for just over a year and still nothing. PM me if you want to talk.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2009