I want to start a web page to sell my hand crafted soaps and Oils. How do I do this?

Beezsoap

Asked by Beezsoap at 9:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• ManY WAHMs have found success on etsy.com . Best wishes!
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I wrote this article about what you are looking for:

How to Quickly Build a Business Website

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Look for a site that hosts them inexpensively and have templates, such as yahoo or godaddy.com but I agree I would look into etsy as well....it's like eBay but exclusively for handmade items and crafts.

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I totally agree with the other posters in recommending etsy. I have both an etsy shop and a website, and believe me, the traffic to etsy is MUCH better. Even if you have the most amazing website in the world, no one will ever find it unless you spend A LOT of time and money on adwords, search engine optimization, etc, and even then, the hits you "buy" won't usually result in a sale. At least etsy is cheap and you don't pay a monthly website fee. Just my 2 cents... :-)
    michele williams
    www.dillybopdesigns.etsy.com
    dillybopdesigns

Answer by dillybopdesigns at 6:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Another big thing is...

PROMOTE

PROMOTE

PROMOTE

you want to let as many people know about your product as possible. Spend your most valuable time with people that are buying your product and not the ones that keep promiseing that they will!

Just MY opinion!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 8:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Try etsy.com, artfire.com etc. Just do your research and tread carefully. In all honesty to sell soap and bath products you should have soapmakers insurance which runs over 400 a year. But this is a great asset for your business. But you could get your feet wet with it and see how it goes. Just make sure you never claim your soap does ANYTHING but clean bc then you fall under FDA guidlines and thats a pain in the ass.
    Anonymous

• Here is a site I stubbled upon. Its only $4.95 a month and thats after a free trial, whhich also includes a free Domain name. Hope this helps you out.

http://www.homestead.com/?s_cid=LINKSHARE
    moore1990

Answer by moore1990 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2009