She wont eat at the table!!! REFUSES! help!

We were changing all the floors in my house and then decided to put carpet in the hallway, living room and all the bedrooms so everything was in the kitchen and dining room for about 3 weeks because we didnt know it would take them so longSo we finished the floor so now everything is basically put back in place except for a few things and of course the decorations.. problem is when it wasnt we had to eat in the living room and now i can't get elizabeth to eat at the table unless i distract her with something such as the tv.. she just wants to run around and be entertained as she eats.. what do i do? i mean she will push everything away and just yell. even if she is hungry! for example, she ate only a tiny bit of her supper and was acting hungry so i made a thing of mac- n cheese and sat it on a chair to see if she would eat.. she was and as SOON as i put her in the dinner table she flipped and didnt want it... any suggestions

MamaHardy2008

Asked by MamaHardy2008 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hey lady! I have to say that I wouldn't give in. She will not starve and she does know how to get what she wants at this age...I have one just like it. :) After a couple days of not getting what she wants, she will fall in line. Hang in there....now if I could just get Kinsey to eat enough solid food for a meal, I would be cooking with gas around here. Lol
    sarasotamomtobe

Answer by sarasotamomtobe at 1:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Refuse to give her food anywhere but the table. She isn't going to starve herself.
    Anonymous

• hmm? why not make her a little table of her own next to the big table for her to eat on? so a step stool and a slightly higher step stool with a table cloth (aka towel) and her own little set up just for her... or even just the step stool and the kitchen chair... and if she sits for a 3 minute session gets up runs around comes back for another 3 minute session youre done.... its a phase she'll grow out of this just bare with it she wont be little forever... someday you'll look back and miss this :)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• You need to stop giving in. She won't starve. Don't yell or make a big deal, just remind her that meals are eaten at the table and when she is ready to eat she will come to the table. If you have family meals, then remind her that meals are for family-time, not television.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Forgot to say how old she is- she is 19 months
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2009