if you had a child early does it mean that all of your other pregnancies will be early as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No take a Bradley Class early in your pregnancy and you'll learn how to not have a preterm delivery
    my dd born july 20 2004 due sept 6th 2004
    my ds due Oct 12006 born Oct1 2006 :)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Not always. How early was the baby? Do they know why? Was it your first? All of these can factor in. And not all pregnancies are the same. But just because one was early, it doesn't mean that the ones after it will be, too.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 9:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• he was 15 day early so they marked it at 3 weeks for insurance reasons... they also said that he acted a motnh early and since he was early he had premature lungs and pneumonia on top of that.. I had a great pregnancy til that happened.. I still wonder HOW?! I dont understand i was so careful!
    Anonymous

• Really, only 15 days? My son was 20 days early, and he was fine. It sounds like he just wasn't developing quite at a normal rate... at 37-38 weeks doctors usually consider you full term.
    Anonymous

• My first was 2 weeks early and my second was 3 days overdue, so no, they can all be different.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Anon 8:48 you were lucky.
    OP- Late term preemies are more likely than micro preemies to die. No two pregnancies are exactly the same. You might get lucky and carry your baby to term.
    Anonymous

• Coupled with the fact that due dates are only estimates...your baby could have very well been a month early. Eat healthy by following a Brewer or Bradley Diet.
    Anonymous

• My oldest child was born 4 weeks early and was perfectly healthy except for some jaundice. I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy with no complications. My second was born 3 days before his due date. I was induced at 38 weeks with my 3rd and 39 weeks with my 4th.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 11:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2009