Is is ppd or depression?

I am a mom of 3 and my brother lives with my husband and I,anyways I am wondering does anyone else freak out? I mean like earlier today I was making breakfast and it seemed so noisy and I just sat on a chair and started crying. Is it depression or ppd? Or is there something else?

moodywife

Asked by moodywife at 10:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• You are stressed out!! and maybe getting depressed.
    You may be doing to much for everyone in your home, make sure the men are helping you and your older kids help clean their room. And most important take a little time for yourself.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I agree with pp but you sound just like me when i was diagnosed with ppd. I didn't even notice the symptoms my husband did and told me i should tell my dr about it. That's when she said i had ppd and put me on meds and i've been fine ever since. I would ask your dr about it maybe they can help. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• The difference in ppd and regular depression is the length of time you have had symptoms. Get to the doctor and find out.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:54 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I agree with the 3rd poster. Have you had depression b4 the kids or a history of depression in your family? Those can both be contributing factors to the length and severity of your symptoms now. I had very bad ppd after both my kids were born that lasted over a mth and was so severe I was in a psych hospital for a mth with each birth. But I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 13 and my mother is bipolar(untreated and unmedicated but still bipolar) so I have a family history of the illness. Good luck and I wouldn't wait on getting in to see your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Baby blues occur 1-10 days after birth and are normal. PPD occurs any time between 10 days and 6 months Post-Partum. Regular Depression is anything after that 6 month period. PPD and Depression are the same, although the reasons for being Depressed are often times different ( well,obviously PPD is related to childbirth and mothering :-) ) and the timing different, as TQ already said. You could just be stressed. You could also have some PPD. Why not go to your OB and explain your feelings and any other times where you feel you've reacted differently to a situation than normal and have your doctor decide with you what could possibly be wrong.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2009