How do I get my 1 year old to take a bath without screaming???

We feel like we've tried everything. Got lots of toys and bubble bath. Even a machine that blows bubbles out into the tub, pretty cool if you ask me. Our little girl screams bloody murder when she sees the bath tub, she even started clinging to me today when she saw what we were getting ready to do. We need some help!!!

Valerie429

Asked by Valerie429 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe it's to much in there for her.  try one or two toys, and get in there with her. My daughter used to love getting in the tub with me, now I can even get her to shower if I'm in there, at 5!!

Anonymous

• The water may be to cold or to hot? Have you tried going into the tub with her? need to make fun. But do not give up, bathe her everyday, just make it quick.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Check that the temp of the water is not too cold or too hot. Also make sure when she gets out that she isnt really cold. Try taking a bath with her a few times. Crayola has color die for the water. Maybe you can focus on one color all day (make it fun for her to see that particular color) and then put that color in the tub. Also play music, while its bath time. And last but not least try moving her bath time up an hour. She maybe getting a bath too close to bed time and is just sleepy (the water could be agrivating her even more).
    Good lcuk.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• THAT IS WHAT I WOULD SAY TOO. GET IN THERE WITH HER AND TAKE A BATH IF THAT WORKS THEN DO IT FOR A WEEK THEN TRY SITTING NEXT TO THE TUB AND OR GET IN FOR A BIT THEN SIT NEXT TO THE BUT ... WORK UR WAY BACK OUT. I REALLY THINK GETTING IN THERE WITH HER WOULD HELP!
    MOMMA111

Answer by MOMMA111 at 3:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2009