About how long do you think i have before i go into labor after ive started leaking milk from the breast?

I am almost 9 mths as of dec.5 and i just started leaking milk from my breast and i want to know about how long do you all think i have before i have my lil girl?

brandyelliott

Asked by brandyelliott at 10:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It varies from women to women. For me I started leaking a few days after my due date and still had to be induced, but I had a friend who started leaking months before her due date and she was still induced (but early). I don't really think leaking breasts means you'll go in labor soon, but hey it may be a sign for some women.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• That doesn't mean anything about labor. Sorry. =( With my son I was 15 weeks and with this baby I was 24 weeks. I wanna have my baby out so bad.. Everything hurts.. My contractions are strong and frequent.. My plug is out. Baby has dropped.. SO even the signs that are suppose to help you know when the baby comes.. Don't always help.
    Anonymous

• Leaking is no indicator...some women leak a few weeks into pregnancy.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• my breasts were pouring when i was just 4 months...i would wake up some nights and have to change shirts and even have to sleep with a padding underneath me so i would'nt have to change my sheets every single night
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Well, you are leaking colostrum...not milk. Milk doesn't come in until the hormonal changes associated with birth. Leaking colostrum is no indication of ability to produce milk OR when labor will begin.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• no indication of labor. lol.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• my first I started leaking around 34 weeks - she was born at 41

#2 didn't leak at all - hours after she was born it came in like a tsunami

#3 leaked from the instant I found out.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Sadly, that will not tell you anything about labor. I am a month in with my second and am already leaking a bit. Look for your mucous plug, that is usually a good sign that labor is approaching(not a definite still). I know how waiting feels. My daughter was a week late and I had to be induced.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• There's no way to tell. With my ds, I started leaking at like 4 or 5 months, and he was born way past his due date. With my dd, I don't know, because I nursed my ds through my pg with her.

GL! I know you're anxious to have her, but it will happen :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:40 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• When you start leaking has no impact on when the baby will come. She'll come when she's ready! Try to relax until then.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 16, 2009