middle child help

My daughter is 3. she has and older brother and younger sister. She basically runs things in our house. She is out of control. I take time out veryday for just her, do special things just for her. And it doesn't seem to matter at all. nothing that I've tried has helped, she can be so sweet, and the next thing you know, she's right where she left off before. She just can't deal if things are not her way, or if I don't give her what she wants. She seems to always be asking for something, or always screaming, she's always doing something, never sitting quietly. I don't know what to do with her anymore, she goes to a kids program every thursday morning and when she's gone, things are just so peacful. I feel terrible for writing this, and terrible for her, but I don't know what else i could try. Anyone that could help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Time outs and not giving in to her every want and temper tantrum.
    Anonymous

• First of all remember that she is still a very young child. Sometimes it's hard to remember when you have younger children. Her behavior is normal for her age, not that you should put up with it. The threes are a lot like the twos. You need to be consistent. If you use time outs, you need to make sure that you use them in the same way all the time. Ignoring tantrums can work, but if she's hurting the others while she's having one you might have to try time outs for those too. It sounds like you think it's because she's middle child, I doubt it's that at this age. Some three year olds just behave that way.
    Anonymous

• thats how my daughter was her moods were up they were down i mentioned it to the docotor they wached her reactions an behavior for a about a year an come time find out she has biopolar hse takes respodone she is like a new child trust me i dont believe in medicne making a kid listen but hey if it makes ur life easyer an helps the child to calm down by all means look into it
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• ah ha I have one like that and she just turned 5! I call her my pistol! I sear I am always doing trial and error. I try to spend time with her as well and she screams about many things and has improved but still has her moments. I just set boundaries and that hekps but some of this is just their temperment and they are head strong! My daughter can be so sweet she is incredibly creative and smart. But in her moments this all goes out the door! She bacame the middle child at 3 1/2. Good luck:)
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2009