How old is to old to bathe with your child?

I bathe with my 18 month old every once in awhile when we both need to bathe but are home alone together because I have to keep an eye on him. My husband feels he is to old for this but he has never shown any "curiosity."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I stopped showering with my DS when he was about 2 1/2 years old. at 18 months they have no idea what naked is or why adults think it's a big deal.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• 18 months old no he is still little an your his momma i would see if it were a 7 8 9 an older your bathing with but sometimes when im tired i throw me my 2 year old an 5 year old in the shower together jsut to go by quicker no cureousity there but not all the time i do this but 18 months is ok so no problem
    !
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• 18 months is still a baby! My daughter is 16 months and I always change in front of her and occasionally we take a bath together to save time. With a boy, I would stop probably around 3 or 4 . . . I don't know though. Nudity isn't a big deal if you don't make it one.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• all of my kids still bathe with me, and will until they express that they would like their "private time". nudity is a non-issue in my home.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• When my 2 1/2 year old niece asked her dad in the shower, "daddy why is your tail in the front?" he just knew it was 1 day past the time to shower with his daughter.
    Lauries_Mom

Answer by Lauries_Mom at 11:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• he is not too old. I use to bathe with my son at this age for the same reason plus its quicker to kill 2 birds with one stone. My SO is also kinda wierd about these things. I am not sure of an age limit I guess my son was around 2 the last time I recall taking a shower with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• it never dawned on me to shower with my kid, ive never done that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• my kids are G4yo B19months an they both shower with me sometimes, I don't see the problem But my daughter has never showered with her dad. My son is to busy tring to catch the shower water that's all he's thinking about! But I think in a few more months he will either shower with dad some nights or alone... My 4 yo has lots of questions, I am Soooo NOT ready for that! LOL
    Lenn217

Answer by Lenn217 at 6:47 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• As long as parent and child are comfortable with it i have no problems with it.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:58 AM on Nov. 16, 2009