eating in their bedrooms

My brother was over an took a plate of food upstairs to his little girl (6yrs) to eat. When I asked him to have her eat downstairs in the kitchen he was a little surprised that I didnt allow the kids to eat upstairs in their bedrooms.

Seriously... how many of you allow kids to eat in places other than the kitchen. If so...
1) what other places and under what conditions
2) what kinds of food
3) why
4) how old is your child

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we almost always eat in the kitchen at the table as a family. ...i think ONCE i've let them eat dinner in the living room while watching TV (long stressful week) but they got ranch on the furniture so i never let them do it again. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My girls (8,6 and3) eat at the kitchen table for breakfast usually and diningroom for all other meals.

unless its fun saturday when we have pizza and watch a movie at tv trays in the livingroom, and summer when we eat outside all the time.

no way do they get to eat in their bedrooms! or anywhere else.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• my husband broke our 4th chair to our kitchen table. so we can only have 3 people sit and now we have 1 person being invited to thanksgiving. i have no idea how we are gonna do it with 2 kids and 3 adults. my husband plays games on his laptop and he lays flat on the floor because his laptops wireless is broken so he has to be connected to our comcast cable. so he eats any type of food like that lol. no hes never made a mess. my kids eat on the table and i eat sometimes on the sofa.
    Anonymous

• It depends. Sometimes we have projects spread out over the kitchen table, so we will eat on trays in the living room. Sometimes my oldest dd will eat in her room if she has a big test or project due, so she can eat while studying (she's 15). Occasionally on the weekends I will let the younger ones eat upstairs while watching a dvd (they have a dvd player in their room). My other kids are 11, 9, and 7. They will also occasionally have a snack up in their room.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Hey those are your rules he should follow them...I don't like that idea of eating in the others room other than the dining room it is a bad habit to start not to mention it will only start an infestation of insects ants, roaches, rats no no no that is not for me. Stick to your guns girl this is your house and you will be the one paying for it in the end, so anybody can be as surprised as they want just as long as you have a piece of mind and a clean home...those are my thoughts :)   GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I do let my 14 year old son eat in his room. He often makes a sandwhich and will take it to his room. He is a growing boy and eats 10 meals a day, I don't expect him to sit at the kitchen table for each time he eats..LOL
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• We eat together at the table or we have a coffee table in our living room that we will have pizza at once in a while. There is NO food allowed in bedrooms, I don't care how hungry or how old they are. I think it's silly to think kids need to eat all day just because they're growing..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• My kids eat in the living room alot. As for me, I find myself eating in my room in front of the computer. It keeps me company. lol We do have dinner at the dinner table though.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• In my house ( children are 8 & 7) no food is to be eaten anywhere but at the table. Occasionally we will have popcorn on the couch with a movie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• The only time I allow my kids eat to eat in front of the tv is when we watching a movie and we are having popcorn
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:14 AM on Nov. 16, 2009