Does sudden, inexplicable crankiness ALWAYS mean sick?

If crankiness and constant whining are not norms for a toddler (2 yrs), and there hasn't been an excess of stimulation, change, sugar, or lack of sleep, does this usually mean they are getting sick? I just want to cover my bases, so to speak...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be they are getting sick, change of weather kids tend to get crankier (at least both of my kids do that) when it's cold and gloomy outside which comes with the change of weather kids tend to get tierd and cranky

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:11 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• well, I wouldn't know the difference as my son always seems to be cranky but I know my son just turned 2 last week and he has 1 molar tooth half way through and he is PISSED about it !!! the fact he isn't able to run outside all the time too I think has him stir crazy a bit..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• It could be anything, from growing pains, to teething, to moodiness... never know. Def doesn't always mean they are sick though.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2009