How long is too long for a little girl to have?

I just gave my dd a trim on her long hair my dh said to take off 4 inches damn that was alot!!! I only took off 2 inches. I am glad I did bc it looked perfect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• honestly it's up to the parents. for me i refuse to cut my DD's hair at all. She will be in school before i even trim it. So being as I was 11 before I got a real hair cut I dont think little girls can have too long of hair unless it grows unaturally fast then maybe at little cut here and there wont be so bad.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 11:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• my 5yr old has had hair down to her bum since before she was 3...she gets it cut once in a while..well..not cut, but she gets a couple inches off..i love it long, she has gorgeous hair!! so i would never chop it off!! not unless shes older and she asks me.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I keep my daughter's hair just past her shoulders. It's really curly, so when it's wet it hangs halfway down her back, but it's just too thick and curly to have it any longer than it is.

Answer by missanc at 8:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My daughter had hair down to her butt until Kindergarten, when we cut 11 inches off and donated it (along with 18 inches of my hair). She was adorable with both long and short hair, but Daddy LOVES it long (and yes, he helps wash, brush and braid it), and she wants long braids again, so we're growing it back out. I had hair down to my knees until 5th grade.

It's really just what ever works best for you guys. There's no hard, set rule for it.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 6:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• If the child cannot take care of her own hair because it is too long or she has issues using the bathroom because her hair gets in the way, IT IS TOO LONG!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2009