What birthing method did you choose??

If you have had bothnatural birth and birth with and epideral did you lose weight faster, get milk faster, and feel better quicker after the natural? Also, was it at home? Got any birth stories?

babychappellmom

Asked by babychappellmom at 11:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I only had an epidural birth (3 times).... I was up and moving with in hours, healed GREAT, lost weight about average (but I had gained 60lbs), and I bf'd asap and had no issues.

I can not compair to not having had an epidural... but I had no lasting issues at all.
    Anonymous

• If you are interested in natural birth you should join the group Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth. You can find lots of info there and there are LOTS of moms who have done both a typical hospital style birth and a natural birth either at home, birthing center or in a hospital.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I had an epidural and I will never get it agin. I had fluid in my spine (they said sometimes when your pregnant you can retain fluid in the spine) so they had problems getting the epidural in the correct way so they had to try it 3 times. You have to sit perfectly still when you get it and I was shaking so bad from the pain that I had to have 3 nurses holding me so I wouldn't shaking. My daughter is 15 months now and I still cant have anyone touch my lower back because it's painful. I was also bruised for 4 months. But everyone is different.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i had a natural birth which was great imo.

my doula had 2 epidural births and 1 natural birth and says her recovery with the natural birth was much much easier and faster :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2009