• In the Spotlight:

HELP!! IM WORRIED

My LO woke up and I heard her crying so I went to get her and when I opened the door shes was standing up holding onto the crib railing like she always does and as soon as she saw me come in she let go and fell backwards into the rail, it sounded like she hit it really hard!! I dont know why she would do that shes never done that before but im really worried im nursing her right now and she seems fine but I dont know if I should be worried or not?????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Eyes dilating fine? she's alert? Don't worry so much. I swear, my new baby has hit his head more times than I can count. He's a rough and tumble little guy! As long as she's acting normally (and crying is normal)... don't worry. Just be glad you have such a wonderful tool to calm her with, I swear I don't know what I'd do without nursing!

They're resilient little things.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Im sure everything is fine. If shes not crying or acting as if in pain, i wouldn't worry so much. They are not as breakable as they seem. A friend of mine accidentally fell asleep with thier newborn daughter on the couch, and she fell from the couch to the floor. So scary im sure. But they took her in and everything was fine. If your worried, call the doctor in the morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• my daughter does this alot but she tries to fall flat turns her head to the side and pretends to be asleep til i walk up to the crib then whips her head around so she can see me and smiles like "im not doing nothing" :)but yes as long as her eyes are dialating correctly and she's alert then she should be fine. If you are really worried you can either take her to the ER oor take her to your doctor. It never hurts to be extra cautious with the younger ones :)
    ArmyAngel18

Answer by ArmyAngel18 at 2:54 AM on Nov. 16, 2009