Would you believe someone who says they got pregnant using all these forms of birth control?

I know somone who claims she took the pill religiously... got pregnant. Swears she used condoms AND spermicide religiously... got pregnant. Swears she was on the shot... got pregnant. Swears she had a tubal ligation and got pregnant three times (the last time she announced to my mom while she was with me in labor), but miscarried. She comes up with stories about doctors telling her she ovulates on both sides at different times every month (which I know to be phyisically impossible), and she *tried* to show me her surgical scars and didn't have any.

I dearly love this person... she's so special to me... but I'm having a hard time believeing all this :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• lol - while I admit it sounds far fetched, I would give her the benefit of the doubt. The reason I say that is because my dh and I were using condoms - properly and all the time, and I got pg with our ds. Then, when he was 6 mos old, I got pg with our dd. Again, we were using condoms properly and always (even had talked to the Doc about the proper way to use them!), and I was nursing him and I hadn't started my period again from our ds's birth.

I know this to be true, but I know that people sometimes have a hard time believing it.

I also know my mom, who's a nurse and knows how to use bc properly, had 4 kids, using various forms of bc with each of us.

The only form she or I found effective was surgical. She had her tubes tied and my dh had a vasectomy.

So, it could be true... Now, as far as her "it's all about her" stuff, that's a little over the top....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• sounds like she just wants or likes the attention
    Anonymous

• Wow,how many kids has she got.Is she addicted to being pregnant.Some women like being pregnant for all the attention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• OP here

She has 4 kids. She has always been "the pregnant one" and did make a big deal about it not being her when I was pregnant. And who announces they're pregnant when they are supporting someone in labor?

One of the times she miscarried I watched her kids for her. She claimed she had a D&C done right then and there at the hospital, that they kept her awake for it and then let her drive home. And she was only gone for 3 hours tops. And it was 7:00 at night (which means they had to call an ultrasound tech, prep the OR, call a surgeon etc all in 3 hours).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I know someone like that.She left her husband and gave up rights to her 3 kids.And what's she doing now?She's moved on to another man having more babies.It's very sad.I think she has undiagnosed ppd.Maybe this person in your life has something mentally wrong and needs help.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• anything is possible

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:23 AM on Nov. 16, 2009