True or False? (read description)

Humor me, I'm B O R E D! I can't sleep so I'm cruising around on here. I saw a book post where someone "claims" she read four books in two days. I own the books she read, so we're looking at about 2500 pages, give or take. Divide that by 48 hours and you have about 52 pages an hour. Now, I'm one of the fastest readers I know. Having said that, I don't see how it's possible to read all that when you have a kid (school age or not) and house to take care of (sahm or not), or even if you stayed up most the night. Do you think it's possible or a huge pile of crap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It could be possible if she was speed reading, but I highly doubt it. I love reading and I am also a very fast reader but it took me about 19 hours (straight through) to read the final book of the Harry Potter series and that one has 607 pages. I don't see how a person with a child on hand has the time to read 2500 pages in two days.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Pile 'o' crap for sure, unless she was speed reading and doesn't remember anything she read anyway (what would be the point?)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I think I saw that post..was it the Twilight books? Cause I think, now that you mention it, it's a pile of doody..like the first 2 posters said - speed reading, sure, but otherwise? Impossible.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 12:15 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Let me guess was it the Twilight series? LOL I had friends who said they had read them within days.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• who cares
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Op here. Like I said anon, I'm bored. Learn how to read. :) and yea, it was Twilight. Good guesses LOL Glad to see *most* of you agree! Even my hubby said it was bullcrap. :p
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I can see if they were really interested in it. Why do you care, anyway? How exactly is it affecting you?
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 12:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Op again. It affects me by making me chuckle. some people just love telling tall tales. Why do you feel the need to question me? run along and let me have my fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• yes i can read that fast and yes i do absorb what i read, the last Harry Potter book I finished in 3 1/2 hrs. I got it at midnight when it came out. and had finished by around 3:30-4am. its just something that i can do. it sounds odd. i know. oh and as for twilight im not trying to put it down but here it goes: a girl, a vampire & a werewolf has already been done its called Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series, by Laurell K Hamilton.
    kendra1417

Answer by kendra1417 at 12:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Op. you arent the person I'm talking about and youre prob telling a tall tale too. oh. This isnt a post about your opinion on Twilight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Nov. 16, 2009