Fever in my 3 year old

My son has been running a low grade fever for 3 days now. It seems to affected him at night mainly and he acts perfectly fine durning the day. He just seems unconfortable at night and he doesnt speak yet so he cant tell me what is wrong I dont know if he is teething or is hurting somewhere but durning the day he is his normal self but his fever is 101 I dont know what to do and this swine flu thing has me nervous

Christiansmom06

Asked by Christiansmom06 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• My 3 year old doesn't speak well but he usually holds his tummy when it hurts. If you think you should go to the doctors, it has been three days. I would go after a fever for three days.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• well a fever is usually a sign that the body is fighting something off. so there is no harm to take him to the doctor it could easily be something other than the swine flu. My four year old was running a fever and just tired etc turns out he had an ear infection (told me his mouth hurt guess he ment the side of his face? lol) so i am glad i took him in better safe then sorry right! GL!
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 12:39 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I would prolly call the doc in the morning since it has been going on for a few days. Im not sure what age the molars come in, but could that be a possibility?
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2009