How to get my 32 month old daughter potty trained?

Ok, so I have full time job but daddy stays home with baby. We have tried off and on potty training, with no luck. Like the first time we took her to get some undies, and started with just undies and it was a no go, she would not go, just threw tantrums each time. We gave her a little break and tried again, just undies again. This time I think she went like once or twice, and then wouldn't go anymore. Next time same thing, I asked her one morning if she wanted to wear her panties today and use the potty when she had to pee or poop and she said yes, so we did that and she peed but no poop(she stays constipated occaisonally), but the next day she wasn't having it. Each and every time we try, I will leave her with the panties on all day and she will hold her pee and poop until she gets a diaper for nap or bed time?!?!?! I am so frustrated at this point, I just don't know what to do???? Please help!!!

Gr8Mom2Jag

Asked by Gr8Mom2Jag at 12:14 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Be consistant. Don't give her the choice to be in diapers or panties. AND Be CONSISTANT.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• God knows I try so hard, she is so stubborn, like I said, she will hold her pee all day long, and I know that can't be good for her
    Gr8Mom2Jag

Answer by Gr8Mom2Jag at 12:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Make sure she is ready to first don't push her. Don't let her have a say so in what she is going to wear make her wear panties
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i used jelly beans as a reward, one for pee two for poop, some people don't agree with this but i bet their kid wasn't potty trained at 2 1/2.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Thank you all, I am going to try my best at this. I do think that might be one reason is that daddy isn't that comfortable in helping cause he don't want her to see him use it, and I think she wants to and might even help her. But she acts as though she is terrified of using it!
    Gr8Mom2Jag

Answer by Gr8Mom2Jag at 10:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• 32 months are you serious? Just say 2 1/2 years old, good grief. Do you call your 5 year old your 60 month old?
    Anonymous