TTC but fighting...

We were ttc, but we recently had a fight. Now my husband is all on the "we need to get along" before we have another kid. I know I'm not the only one going through this. Help me out ladies. I say, everyone is going to have a fight at some point. We may go a few months without a fight, but eventually it's going to happen again. There is no such thing as a perfect world when you already have two kids. But my husband has been very nervous about ttc, and now that we had a fight...he's even more scared! What to do?

aklebeyers

Asked by aklebeyers at 12:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Wait until he's ready. He's probaby feeling pressured by you so he is using an excuse to stop TTC. I know its frustrating but both of you should be on the same page.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I know I've put the pressure on. I'm so tired of waiting. I wanted to have another as soon as we could after our first was born, but he wanted to get one out of diapers before we had the next. Then she was out of diapers and I was ready to try, but then he still wasn't ready. So I waited and waited. Then our daughter got into preschool...and I am still waiting. Lets get going already! I'm going to have a kid in college before he is ready! haha
    aklebeyers

Answer by aklebeyers at 12:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Have you both ever had a conversation about how many kids he really wants to have? it sounds like he's putting it off for a reason thats not being shared with you. you guys may need to just sit and ask him what the reason behind waiting really is, and then go from there.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 16, 2009