fever not going down... Help?

Earlier today my son had a fever of 102. Gave tylenol and it went down to normal. When it wore off his fever spiked again. I gave him a lukewarm bath and then more tylenol at 9pm because his fever was 102 again. Its 11pm now, hes asleep, but still has a fever of 101. Do I just let him sleep and keep an eye on him and call the doc in the morning? He has no other symptoms except he had a runny nose 2 days ago, so possibly a ear infection. Oh and hes almost one.

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 12:39 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would call the doctor but just let him rest keep an eye on him Tylenol and Motrin for the fever
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Sorry I wasnt on last night but we just went through this and have several times with our son. There is definatly a reason why he is getting fever so take him to the doctor as soon as you can get in. You should be able to get a sick visit so you can get in quicker. My son was running around the same fever and has strep throat and hes now on antibiotics. It could just be sothing simple like an ear infection as you said befor.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• :( Poor buddy. I would say give your doctor a call just to speak with a nurse about his symptoms for now. My 14mo DD had a fever or 102-103 last week from Monday until Friday, runny nose, a little bit sleepier and mildly crankier than usual, but we did the Tylenol during the day, Motrin over night med schedule and the lukewarm baths, kept her hydrated, and kept in contact with her nurse- Friday night the fever broke and she got a rash for a few days- turns out she had Roseola. Most fevers will go away on their own. If he gets worse- trouble breathing, vomiting, diarrhea, unconsolable crying, or temp over 104 I'd get nervous and head in immediately. But for now, I wouldn't waste your time or money because it's probably just a virus and they'll just send ya home.. Hopefully it'll run its course and he'll be better soon! Good luck, mama!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 3:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2009