Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much longer should I wait?

I think I might be pregnant. On September 28th I got my Implanon birthcontrol rod out of my arm,and the gyno put in the NuvaRing. Well it feel out about the first 2 weeks everday...Well the weekend of the second week me and my fiance had unprotected sex and he didn't pull out. Well we didn't know the ring wasn't in there. It fell out before we had sex. We searched almost 3 hours for it...Well October 14-17 I had some bleeding that lasted 4 hours everyday for these 3 days. Since then I've had pregnancy symptoms. I have every symptom but discharge. I took 2 tests on the 6th and they didn't give me and result. Then I took 3 more on the 11th and one didn't work. One was a VERY faint positive and one was a bold negative. I'm still having these sypmtoms and I want to know if its safe to wait 2 more weeks to see if I get my period to take another test?
Any advice and tips would help alot :)
Thank You

Answer Question

Asked by SkullsandRoses at 12:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • your symptoms could be caused by the change, and inconsistency, of your birth control. there shouldn't be any problem with waiting another 2 weeks to re test.

    Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:58 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

  • Well I got off the NuvaRing on the 19th. And switching birthcontrol before hasn't caused any of these symptoms before..And I got a VERY faint positive on one of my hpts

    Answer by SkullsandRoses at 1:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

  • go ahead and take another test, it will help put your mind at ease

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

  • I'm not worried its just that if I am pregnant I don't want to risk losing the baby.

    Answer by SkullsandRoses at 1:09 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.