How normal is this???????

So ever since my son has learned to stand i have noticed lil chips in the top of his crib railing. Didnt put two and two together until today when I realized when hes standing in there fighting his nap, he is scraping or chewing on the wood on his crib. Could this be harmful? Is it normal? Anyway I could get him to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't put tape down, he could chew off little bits and it could get in his tummy and make him sick or it could be harmful. I'd just get a teething rail. Like this.

ATG499

Answer by ATG499 at 2:24 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I think a lot of kids chew on their cribs... they even make special protectors you can buy if you like.
    My son chewed a little bit, but not bad. I found he only did it when his top teeth were coming in and then he stopped.
    it probably won't be harmful...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:51 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• The paint should be lead free, so he should be fine. My sister borrowed my crib and her daughter chewed it up. lol She is now 9 yr old, VERY smart and perfect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My one year old does the same thing, infact he chews on everything, anyway his crib has a plastic cover on it, what you can do it take some tape and put tape all around were he chews that way he wont be chewing the wood.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My daughter does the same thing. They have bumpers and pads you can buy to put on there but i would also check your cribs manufacture to be on the safe side and make sure the paint is non toxic and doesnt have lead in it... they sometimes make mistakes
    ArmyAngel18

Answer by ArmyAngel18 at 2:49 AM on Nov. 16, 2009