What hobbies do you have? I need an inexpensive hobby. Do you have any suggestions?

Oh and before some smart ass say's "get a job" I can't. It doesn't pay for me to work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• reading, knitting, sewing, and so much more there are lots of great craft ideas on line that I found when i started to need something to do. I also bake, garden, and have started picking inexpensive projects around the house to keep me busy.

think of the things you enjoy or have thought to yourself "I would love to learn to do that" then go to the library check out books and google it as well then have fun trying it all out. You can find lots of inexpensive craft supplies and fabric at second hand stores and yard sales.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• scrapbooking, i obsessively clean my house, i go to the park with my daughter. i try to meet other moms so i can have solcial interaction, and my DD gets socialization. we just started renting movies from redbox, and we get a cartoon a week ($1). I put my daughter in dance classes, and there is an activity center here. you can either pay for the month or by the day. we are working on learning to write the alphabet, and i teach her housely duties. like laundry, cleaning, and cooking. shes 2, and she helps with her room, and picking up her toys, putting clothes in the washer, throwing the dirty ones down the stairs, and putting pepperoni on the pizza we make lol.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Reading is cheap. All it takes is a library card. I also love board games for getting together with friends.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 1:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I like things that create without causing a big huge mess. I knit and crochet. I want to learn to sew. These are inexpensive hobbies. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:11 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Oh, I forgot to say, you can go to youtube.com to learn knitting and crochet. Get a how to book from the library or a pattern book, needles and yarn then you are set. Get your pattern, see what needle size you need before you buy needles and yarn!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:23 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• something cheap or free? Look at the sun and moon haha. Good one huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I like going to the mall in the morning and walk around and after the stores open I go and look for great deals.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:17 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• well, let's see....reading can be inexpensive if you go to the library or to a secondhand book store. Photography has a little expense if you don't already have a camera, but if you have or get a digital camera, with a memory card, it can be inexpensive - you can take all the pics you want, just the cost of gas to drive somewhere interesting if you want, you can download GIMP for free to edit the pics. Do you have any artistic talent in terms of drawing/painting, etc? Colored pencils, sketch paper, etc. isn't too expensive. There's lots of little craft projects that usually aren't too expensive.

That's all I can come up with for now.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:46 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I read, do cross stitch, do needlepoint, write long letters by hand to loved ones and close friends, participate in letterboxing, crochet string doilies, and I'm always finding something to deep clean, renovate, or redecorate in our home and our yard.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I also used to sew quite often. The biggest cost is the machine, but you don't the most expensive and fancy one on the market.
    For cloth to practice on I would go to Goodwill and look for scraps and large items that can be made into things. Look for curtains, good sheets, blankets, just about anything. Goodwill also sells patterns and notions. You can get sewing craft ideas from library books, practice making them, and eventually you'll get the hang of it while learning the basics of sewing. I learned how to make dishsoap bottle dresses, plastic shopping bag holders, hair scrunchies, and other various things.
    As you get extra money and develop your skills you can buy new patterns and all that is necessary for making them.
    I loved being able to personalize each item that I made and was able to use my hobby skills to make cheerleading uniforms for a friend and dance costumes for a studio. I also took in alterations work.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:22 AM on Nov. 16, 2009