Why is there water in the floor running from the fridge??

First off, I don't have an ice maker or water tap in my fridge, nor are there any water connections even close to the fridge.

I went in the kitchen and there was a pool of water all across my kitchen. It's coming from the side of the fridge toward the middle, not close to the door. It seems like it's leaking from underneath or something, but I'm totally confused how a fridge can leak water???

If you have any ideas, please help! I don't want to wake up to a flood! lol

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 1:17 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I remember in our rental days the fridges that were in them had a tray underneath the fridge that captured condensation water. If it didn't get cleaned regularly it would get yucky and sometimes overflow.

I found this awesome video that might help you:
    http://www.ehow.com/video_112132_fix-leaking-refrigerator.html 

PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Because you either peed on the floor, you water broke, or some else did lmfao
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• oh i wish it was that simple :(
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:27 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• ok ummmm maybe its water from your water bottles that is leaking and coming down through the door and down to the floor? if you dont have a ice maker or water tap then i dont know. is your husband or someone there who can move it? you need to check on it asap before you do wake up in a flood lol your going to end up like the little mermaid swimming in your own sea lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• It could be massive condensation and yes, that can cause a big pool of water to start dripping onto the floor. I have that problem as we speak. I have no ice maker and no water tap. It is an old fridge. It builds up at the bottom of the fridge. I have no money to fix it. I have tried adjusting the temperature and it didn't help. Good luck.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 1:45 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i'll give you my home depot credit card and go buy a new fridge!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i am not an expert. i could quess the compressor in your fridge gets broke. it does not keep stable temperature over cycles and jumping temp. makes the humidity inside rise and drop w/ hours. you may want to put a termometer inside to check by yourself. this could cause your produce to sweat sort of speak.
    i'd call and ask for a free diagnosis - experts advertise so often w/ coupons in telephone books. all i can think at first. hope you wont have to spend a lot for a new fridge... compressors to change nor repair does not pay at all
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 1:48 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• check to make sure your freezer is still frozen, does anything feel not quite solid and frozen if you have ice trays do they feel as if they are starting to melt? check you temp setting maybe someone bumped it which would cause melting and yes it would come down and leak out the bottom of your fridge (we had this happen on a upright freezer ticked me off ) another cause would be the door of either the fridge or freezer wasnt closed properly and caused a melt, or if you put any hot foods inside this could cause it (its a stretch) but normally it just brings the temp up and causes your fridge to work overtime to cool and could cause your other foods to spoil but thats a completely different problem.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:48 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Yup, I checked under the crispers. Guess what I found? A pool of water underneath and running out of the corner of the door, which then ran into my floor. Ugh. Any idea how to solve this? I'll turn the temp back up (recently turned it low because it was freezing everything) and see if that helps at all.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Okay now that you have found that much out lol now take a look at what is in your fridge it will freeze items if there is too much in there and sometimes when you are pretty empty. I would do a fridge clean out and maybe reorganize it so the items inside are evenly distributed. Also make sure that items that need to be kept not quite as cold (dairy items mostly) are not on the top shelf thats where most items tend to freeze. Trust me frozen yougurt and butter not good lol my kids put groceries away one day and used the top shelf.

If you still have your owners manual check to see what the suggested setting is, if you dont have it try looking it up online.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2009