• In the Spotlight:

how do i stop over analyzing everything???

I sometimes get so frustrated with myself because sometimes I can't tell if I'm over analyzing a situation or is it actually something I should be concerned about. I over analyze a lot, I think. Does anyone else? How do I stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do this too. I don't know if there is a way to stop it. I've accepted it as a personality trait. Keeping busy helps a bit.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Close your eyes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I have always been a pessemist. Since I was diagnosed with cervical cancer I have already planned and pictured my funeral several times in my head. I over analyze what is going to happen if I die soon rather then concentrate on getting better. I think everyone has that in them.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 1:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• seriously, if you think it is changing your daily routine or your life, try some vitamin B6 on a daily basis. it has been shown to help with OCD, and with other obsessive habits. good luck.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I'm guilty of that as well. It drives my DH insane lol because he says I should take things at face value. I think that's how women and men are different. Men take things at face value, and women invesigate to see what the real meaning is behind things. It can be frustrating but most of the time it is a gift, because by reading between the lines, we gain more information than what is being put out lol. Not always the case, but sometimes.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i do it all the time. i think its b/c my ex. I could'nt trust him...he was a liar and abusive and now i have a wonderful husband but i still find myself jumping to conclusions...its just habbit
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• A lovely cocktail of Zoloft and Klonopin helped me with this. And my anxiety.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Get a hobby or outside interest! I took up reading and working out and it did wonders for my attitude. It took a while to decide to do something for just me, but honestly- its only 30 minutes a day ( I bought an exercise bike and read while I am riding) I feel sooo much better!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2009