What else can i give my 3 month old baby to eat if she doesn't get full with her bottle?

okay i feed her 4oz of formula and then i give her 4oz more of breast milk but she still is hungry. Is it time to go higher on the ounces? But there's one thing she sometimes doesn't want the formula n only wants the breast milk but i don't seem to have enough. What else can i give her?

ShortCakesMommy

Asked by ShortCakesMommy at 2:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started my kids on rice cereal at that age. I put it in the bottle and it really helped A LOT!! I think both my kids were drinking 8-10 ounces at least 6 times a day by then too. You can add a feeding tooo if she is hungry.... she might also be gearing up for a groth spirt!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Do not give her any baby cereal or purees. She's too young for that. Try to give her more formula and see if she gets full. She may just want to suck on something for comfort.
    ATG499

Answer by ATG499 at 2:20 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• if your supplementing with formula then your baby isnt feeding from you enough to stimulate a larger milk production, she needs to bf more often or you need to start pumping more, the suckling/suction is what stimulates your milk production and to let your body know it needs to make more.

If that is something you dont want or cant do then switch to formula only. It sounds as if your child prefers the breastmilk. Also keep in mind if baby is having a growth spurt they are hungry all the time which is why it is important they breasfeed so your body is keeping up with your baby's growth. I would add another 4 oz bottle until your milk supply is caught up.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:22 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Also please DO NOT put cereal in the bottle, a 3 month olds stomach is NOT designed for it, yes people have done it and they claim their children are fine but why risk the upset tummy and constipation? Baby's bodys are still growing,maturing and getting ready for each stage in life talk to your doctor to find out when its time to start cereal and baby foods for your child.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:27 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• nurse your baby, on demand. simple as that! and cereal in bottles? big no no! :o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• you can feed small quantities of rice or oatmeal infant cereal. I say small ammounts because they can make your baby bloated and uncomfortable. All babys are ready for the next step up at different times. My daughter was 3 months old when we started her a jars of baby food. But i would try cereal first to see how she does.
    ArmyAngel18

Answer by ArmyAngel18 at 2:47 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Just give her more breastmilk or formula. Mine were taking 8oz formula every 2 hours!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I started giving my children cereal in bottles at around 2 1/2-3 months old. They are just fine! That would be my advice for ya! Everyone says NO don't do that. But ya know what? It is your child, your choice!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Are you able to nurse directly? If so, I'd suggest just nursing on demand, and ditching the bottles. Baby should boost your supply to meet her needs.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Agree with Krysta... nurse directly. 3 months is a fantastic time to work with a baby who would previously refuse to latch. Really focus on getting her at the breast and then she will increase your supply to meet her needs if you let her nurse on demand.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:49 AM on Nov. 16, 2009