So ...another birthday party question

I don't let my boys watch much TV and they don't watch anything that i consider to be sold on violence. Power Rangers and all other super hero's included. ...
so to make things simple i'm thinking of requesting that a gift is not necessary to bring, but if the guest would like to bring a gift that it should not be a TV character of any kind.

Do you think that is acceptable? Do you think most parents will comply? I know not ALL of them will. i'm not anal. lol I just don't want an over flow of gifts that i'd end up donating to the local homeless shelter because i wont let the boys play with them. (and yes, i would do that. no bashing!)

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:14 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Those who are coming to the party should know you well enough to know that you don't want those types of gifts. Since gifts are always optional, it's not polite to recommend what they do or do not get.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Not letting your kids watch the shows is one thing, fine don't that's your choice as a parent. But if you invite someone to a party where they have to bring a gift you can't dictate to them what gift it is. You might make suggestions if someone asks you but you can't volunteer that information it's just rude.

And saying your not anal and then lol does not make it true. You are anal, and that's ok. They are your children, you have the right to raise them the way you want to. As long as your not beating them behind closed doors it's nobody's business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2009