why does my cat do this

When I got my cats(1 male and 1 female) the female was already very pregnant and had her litter with in 3 days of me bringing her home. I got the male fixed right away so that wont happen again.
The kittens are now 6 weeks old and the daddy has take to dragging one (a male) around by the back of his neck. He drags him all over the house. The kitten doesn't like it, and he only does it at night.
Why on earth is my cat doing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pets

• Dominance maybe...I don't know...that is so odd. I have had pregnant foster cats and my mail has never done anything weird like that. He usually doesn't mess with the babies at all. When they got a little older he would sniff around them and show he's the alpha male (shame he tries but my younger cat totally dominates him lol)
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Some males will try to remove and dispose of the litter. You need to watch to be sure he does not succeed in eliminating the "competition." If he was not neutered he might be more dominant.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 7:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I know this may seem crazy but I once saw it on Discovery or something......a dominant male adult cat took a baby from a litter and killed it. I think its true about "elimination" like PP said, so yes please watch them.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• You need to keep an eye on those kittens. He may try to kill them though I doubt it, thier his after all, and there ful no threat to him reprductively. I'd bet any thing it is a dominance thing, but that still might get out of hand. He may kill one infront of the others, just to show them who's the boss. I've owned cats all my life and have seen males do that even to thier own young. Tip: keep a closer eye on the males of the litter, I've never seen a male kill or even seriously hurt one of his own daughters
    HappyMamaBear

Answer by HappyMamaBear at 10:43 AM on Nov. 17, 2009