Question for second time mothers

This is my second pregnancy and im finding a lost of my symptoms this time around are entirely ass backwards from my first. Excuse the language please. I have felt a bit of fluttering but im only 10 weeks 2 days along. I told my husband who is deployed that i thought it could be the baby but he just told me it ws probably gas. I know i didn't feel daughter til i was 16 weeks sooo is there a better chance at feeling your baby earlier in your second pregnancy? If so how far along were you?

ArmyAngel18

Asked by ArmyAngel18 at 2:45 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I felt that woth both my boys early in my pregnancy, I aske my Gyno about it she said that the baby is way to small for me to feel him move around that it was just my body or my imagination, but I don't care what any fricken Dr. says I know what I felt with both my kids and it wasn't my imagination, my friend felt the fluttering really eary as well.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• First time mothers usually feel the baby around 20 weeks. Second time around much sooner. So you were already early at 16 weeks. Science doesn't know every mothers womb so I certainly wouldn't write it off. :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:32 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• With my first pregnancy I didnt feel my son till around 18 weeks. With this one i felt him at 14 weeks. I almost feels like gas bubbles only not. If you have had a baby before which you have you would know. For the people that tell you otherwise just nod but deep down you know your own body and i know plenty of women that have felt their second child way earlier as well. Gl hun and congrads on the baby. Im 34 in a half weeks with baby number 2 and i cant wait till he comes. I dont know about you but for some reason with this baby i am so much more nervous..
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 8:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Yes, you can feel it earlier in later pregnancies. There's always the possibility of gas, but that doesn't mean that you are wrong. I say go with your gut.. If you think it's your baby, it's your baby! :)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 8:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• ive only had one but i felt him move at 14 weeks. i knew it was for sure because at 15 weeks i had an ultrasound and the fluttering coincided with him kicking on the screen. so i say its possible that early for a second baby
    Jnc91

Answer by Jnc91 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2009