What would you do if????

Your nine year old son came home from playing at a friends with bite marks all over his back (bruises). He was "wrestling with his friend" and the friend did this. Friend's dad was home and told the boy not to do it any more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• teach him ju--jitsu so he can choke the kid out.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:04 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I simply would not allow my son to go back to this childs house. If they want to play they should do so at your house.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:11 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• What you both put is interesting. I did both things. This happened to my son at 9. I did not allow him over to this kids house ever again. He has now been taking Ju Jit Su and Muy Tai for two years. We had a talk about this experience tonight. Now he is older and understands more. I explained how abnormal it was for a 9 year old boy to do this and how he needed help. I explained why he was not allowed over there, it was more than just the biting. It was the lack of supervision and the problems with the Dad not caring.
    Anyway I was just wondering what others perspective on this incident was. I was tempted to call the cops. But I didn't because this kid lived such a horrible life before getting to live with his dad, I didn't have the heart. But, I felt protecting my son was more important then my son being friends with him. Does that make sense?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Id talk to the other parent to see if thats what really went on. If so, Id talk to him about being more careful next time cuz those types of bruises(although happen) but not so plentiful.

Then Id warn him if he came home bruised to heck and back like that again Id have to rethink letting him go over.

Im not opposed to them goofing around and getting banged up a bit...its going to happen and I refuse to freak about it. However, there will be responsibility put on his part to avoid as much as possible while still having fun.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• OP: Amaranth these bruises were from BITE MARKS. I did talk to the dad. He said "Boys will be boys." I said, "NO, boys that are over a year should not be biting at all."
    Anonymous

• Id still talk to him about right and wrong styles of play but I wouldnt make h im stop seeing his friend unless he couldnt abide by the rules.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't allow my son to go back, and I would talk with the parents about the innapropriate behaviour.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:15 AM on Nov. 17, 2009