how do you deal with living in a town with no friends ????

Just moved to San Diego... Im goin nuts all i do is go to work but i need time out

diamond2515678

Asked by diamond2515678 at 6:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow, that's how i was when we lived in DC. Moved there from Smalltown, USA ..down south...wasn't an easy transition with no friends. You'll make some at work, thru neighbors and if you have small children...thru them. It takes time and isn't much fun. Keep in touch with whomever you can from back home, things will ease soon. Good luck.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Have you checked to see if there are groups on cafemom for your city? There are usually play date groups and such, you might be able to meet some cool ladies that way.

iLove.nml

Answer by iLove.nml at 7:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I live in Houston...and I go nuts bc I dont have any friends here,Im going back to school so and hopefully Ill have luck there..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My friends live in my computer.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:27 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Make some. When I work I usually make one friend there. I have a few friends that I talk with on the phone. I have recently made friends with a few other military moms. I would look at the lives in your area of cafe mom, or meet up groups. And feel free to take your self to the spa, movies by your self to get a brake.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:58 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Ask a person from work to go out with you. Do you talk to anyone at your job? If so, give it a try. If not try and see who you would like to hang out with from work. It's not hard making friends, but it's hard having great friends. I have 5 great friends and three of them live out of state and two live close by. Crazy how it seems I talk to the ones out of state more than the ones that live close by. Good luck and have fun.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 9:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Get out of the house you make friends. They won't come to you at home behind a computer. You live in San Diego go to the beach even if you have an infant. We live in Malibu the ocean is 20 yards from my deck. My babies love it. I have met so many people too. Now our beach is private but I have met our neighbors and others who have sneaked in.lol I joined a play group in my area and a mommy and me class. You have to get out there.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Talk to people at work who you have stuff in common with. Ask them to maybe hang out on the weekend for cocktails. I know it's hard, I have no friends where I live and I have had to deal with that for the past year and a half. My DH is in the military and his friends at work are either single or their wives are much older than me so no luck there. We just got new neighbors, another military family, and our youngest children are the same age, so we have been hanging out and it's been great to finally have someone to talk to and a playdate for my son. Hang in there, it shouldn't take you long since you go to work and have ppl to talk to.
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 9:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• "My friends live in my computer. "

this is me too LOL
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:31 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My friends are back in my home state, or have moved to other states too I don't really want to make friends in my immediate area, because I don't like the way they behave. So, I chat with my long distances pals, and have some new internet friends as well.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:45 AM on Nov. 16, 2009