Jealous sister

My sister has always been jealous of me. I have always wanted her to accept me. Anyway she is older than me and not married and no baby. (she is 42 and I am 40) . I have an 11 month old and got married while I was pregnant. My mother is always giving her everything and leaving me out. Well I dropped my baby off to visist with my father. My mother and sister both are not speaking to me. My sister has seen my baby 1 time since he was born. I tried getting her to come around and share in the joy and she just want. But the day I drop him off with my dad she goes to my parents house and they all hang out. She takes a cute video of my son and refuses to send it to me. She and my mother are still not speaking to me. ANd this hurts. I know I should not care but I do as they have done stuff like this my entire life, not to mention my mother told my husband she wanted my son to come over but she doesnt want me. opinions please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Thats so sad that you are going through this. No one deserves this. Id sit them down and tell them how you feel and see if you can get to the bottom of all this jealousy. Its obv that they love your son and thats a plus. At least they are not completley heartless. You are his mother and have every right to make the decisions as to where he is and whom hes with. So tell them that until all is resolved that they cant see him. Why should he be apart of their lives if they act so neg towards you? They dont deserve the relationship. Any idea as to why your mom is like this? Your sister is def too old for this crap but your mom out of anyone should not treat you this way. why do you think she does it?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:17 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• What does your dad have to say about this? If you guys have a good relationship he may know why or hwo to find out why
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My mother and sister have always been like this. My father and I have a lot in common and we do a lot of business together. I was very successful in Real Estate (like my father). She tries not to let me see or speak to my father i think that is where here problem is with me. She is proud when she tells my husband how she wants my son but not me. They are so used to getting me very upset and now I am not allowing them to upset me anymore ( so they think deeo down I am very upset). I have already decided if they want a relationshio w/ my son I want us all in thearpy together. But I know they wont do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Then you need to move on. Even though they are "family" you have your own now and they obv dont want or deserve any part of it. GL and stay proud of yourself and your accomplishments. Dont let anyone take that from you. Its their loss not yours GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:39 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Why aren't they talking to you? I ask because my sister is like that and my mom just recently stopped giving my sister money each month. My sister and I don't talk at least not civilly, but I do talk to my mom and send my nephew gifts. To me it sounds like there has been some things left out in this situation. Sounds like therapy would be needed. Also you could say that she can come over and see her grandson.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2009